The purpose of the Alternate Room is to remove students displaying disruptive behavior, from the classroom so the remaining students can have a positive learning environment. To make this process effective for both the disruptive student and the class, certain steps need to be followed:
- When removed from class, a student will go immediately to the office.
- The teacher will notify the office when a student is to be expected.
- All school rules and policies apply while in Alternate Room.
- Teachers are scheduled for duty in Alternate Room.
- Students are expected to complete assigned work while in Alternate Room.
- Where necessary (and within ability) a teacher may need to assist a student if they have a question that relates to their assigned work.
- Students who have to be removed from the Alternate Room will be sent home for the remainder of the day. Further discipline may be necessary.
- If a student is sent to Alternate Room 2 or more times in one week (Monday to Friday) a suspension will be given. This will be tracked by administration in the Alternate Room binder.